Managerial Systems to Save Time

Managerial Systems to Save Time

Save TimeThe simple truth is that most entrepreneurs are not that interested in managing people. They started a business because they had a good business idea. Ideally, they want to spend most of their time working on that idea. But no business will be sustainable if its employees are not well managed.

I have good news for you, business owner! You can drastically reduce the amount of time you spend managing employees by implementing these simple solutions.

Systemize the routine; humanize the exception

In most cases, 80% of what goes on in the day to day routine of your business can be fitted into a structure. This leaves you with 20% that actually needs your management. However, you must remember that when you are dealing with your employees, emotion is always involved.

Systemising employee processes has two major benefits:

  • It allows everyone to save time and focus on the task at hand
  • When a routine situation occurs, all you (and your employees) need to do is follow the procedures you’ve implemented

There will be the odd instance that doesn’t fit into the system you’ve created. In this case, you will need to get involved. Remember to invest time and energy in managing the situation.

Document each position and the requirements

Hiring is a time consuming task, so it is important for small business owners to tackle appointments smartly. Create a job description for each position in your company and include the job responsibilities. Ensure to incorporate specific details so that, should a new person need to fill the role, he or she will be able to do so with minimum hassle. This not only makes it easier for a new employee to settle in quickly, it also reduces the number of questions he or she will have. Having a good understanding of the position and its requirements will allow you to hire the best candidate.

Implement the systems you develop

It’s easy to develop a system, but it won’t start saving you time unless it is properly implemented and fully understood by your employees.

Business coaching helps owners of small and medium sized businesses with their sales, marketing, management, team building and so much more. Contact business coach Rob Carol for all your business coaching needs. Call 604-942-2866 or visit www.robcarol.com/

Rob Carol
About

Executive Business Coach, Rob Carol, can help you! As your business coach, he will be working with you in five key areas. The emphasis on each area depends on YOUR needs, the type of business YOU have, and YOUR goals.

Tagged with: , , , , , , , , ,